Thursday, November 07, 2002

Today it started raining...


Or maybe it was last night, but I wasn't outside last night so I couldn't tell.

So far it's not too bad, at least when I have to be out and about. Light drizzles, here and there. But right now it's really dark and gloomy outside, and the wind is shrieking and the rain is coming down...yeah. And my roommate and I noticed the pine almost right outside our window. It's one of those funny ones that remind you of teenage boys...tall and skinny and rather ungainly looking. So when my roommie came in today, she immediately went "WHoa!" and surprised ME.^_^ The wind was making that teenage pine lurch rather dangerously, we thought, back and forth, back and forth.... But we comforted ourselves with the thought that it was too tall to crash into our window. Maybe someone on the 5th or 6th floor would have the pleasure, if it ever came to that.

Last night the hall association people were supposed to have potstickers. Apparently the first batch was gone in 60 seconds, and no one made a second batch. I was disappointed, to say the least. And now even the prospect of eating dinner is a bit iffy, because it's raining and I'm sans-umbrella. I feel rather sorry for my brother, who would be traveling in this weather. Come to think of it, I hope he got on the plane all right, I think I'll call home later to make sure.

Today when I was walking home, I went in the little pathway between Wheeler and Barrows, where there's a nice little wooden bridge over Strawberry Creek and then a slightly uphill walk flanked by a small building and a bunch of leafy trees. Now that isn't really special in any sense, except maybe to me, who's more or less used to seeing only pines (My house is flanked by two giant pines, as are most of the other houses on the street. Our part of the state is bordering on desert-weather, so leafy trees don't grow very well). Today I had to be careful, because it rained and the leaves were all over the ground, making it a bit more slippery. But it was pretty cool, looking down, at all the leaves. There were ones bigger than my hand, and tiny little ones, red ones and green ones and perfect ones and muddy-stepped-on ones. It kind of reminded me of people. Hm, what an odd thought. And the weather was kind enough to not start drizzling until I was nearly at the dorms.

That's all I want to write for now, I think. Hmm....Maybe i'll go make some tea....the weather's certainly fitting for it. *looks at half-finished chilled coke* Baka majo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home