Thursday, February 21, 2002

The Week of Nothing?

Hiya all..I wonder what happened to my archives?'_' puzzling, to say the least...

Well, it appears that the lull between school starting and midterms starting is now approaching an end. Midterms start next week for me, so I'll probably be busy as heck soon. This week was pretty calm though, but then again, it is a short week, since monday was a holiday.

About the only interesting thing that happened was that i had a major art project due today that I didn't remember I had until last night. I did get it done though, and now i have a 17 x22 poster of Wolfwood.^_^ I LIKE Wolfie, so I can draw him if I want! Never mind that i've never DRAWN him before...he turned out rather well, methinks. The thing was, I only had my TRIGUN artbook as a source when I started this project, since I made my mom and brother lug the rest of my anime/manga stash back home when they came up to visit me this past weekend. So I didn't have anything but TRIGUN. Not that I'm complaining^_~ I'm thinking about trying to draw Vash next, he's such a sweetie...Have I mentioned that Legato scares the heck out of me?^_^;;;

For the poster making occasion I finally got myself a black marker. i had ordered one from Copic, but it's taking its sweet time getting here, so I got a Prismacolored one for this poster. ...It reminded me of why Prismacolor markers and I don't get along. I guess it was just really hard to use, since it was either a fine point (which died really fast, I noticed) or a super broad side, which has almost NO degree of precision. It was okay to color large areas with the broad tip and fix the details with the fine tip, until the fine tip DIED. And this marker is brand new!^^;;;

I also got a lovely, nifty package from my RL friend, who is now lurking in most of the places I hang out under the guise as a mostly dead but beloved regular^_^. She sent me chocolates (for Valentines day), a turtle to match my turtle windchime, hot chocolate (that was from her boyfriend. They remembered that I like hot chocolate! *that's so sweet!*), spiffy colored gel pens and a disk with her new and nifty story on it. I can't wait to read more^_^

Hmm...I've also gotten the replies to most of the nice long emails sent in my directions written up and sent. I've been fairly dilligent when it comes to art...I updated the misc. page yesterday, in case anyone's interested at all^_^, but fics have been kinda slow going...I still get surprised when I get nice comments on my fics^_^;;;; I seriously think they are all bad...*shrug*. They do say that you're your own worst critic.

This weekend will probably be spent trying desperately to get a head start on the insanity that will be midterms week (or midterms/essays/papers/projects month, to state it more correctly...). Though knowing me, I would also devote all of Friday night to drawing pictures that I can't scan until Sunday.-_-; And making bookmarks. The paper I got for the poster was too big, so I had to cut it down some. I'm going to make bookmarks out of the leftovers^_^. Anyone want some? I take requests^_^

Ok, gotta go. Class in a bit, and I have to figure out how to transport my poster thingie...

majo-chan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home