Sunday, October 19, 2003

A Short Con report and some piccies.


Well, yesterday I went to San Franciso. Going to Japantown was normal, I go whenever I have time, but this weekend was special because it was the weekend of ...*drumroll* ...Yaoicon!

For those who don't know, 'yaoi' is generally used to describe the genre in anime and manga that have male same-sex pairings.

Now, my reasons for going to yaoi-con this year are rather trivial. I like yaoi in moderation, it's fun and entertaining if done well, so I thought I'd go take a look. And I'm also graduating from college soon, which means I will most likely not be in the area for the next yaoi-con, and I've always wanted to see what other anime-conventions are like.

I've been spoiled by Anime Expo, I swear.^^; My first reaction was "This is a rather small dealers' room..."...

So I went, and shelled out money for the badge, showed ID to prove i'm over 18, etc etc. I hit the dealers' room to see what is different from normal anime conventions...and tis not much.^_^ But there were a lot of doujinshi and speciality books (the yaoi manga, for one. I don't think I saw so many at Anime Expo...). Also, and this made me happy, there were a lot of artists out for yaoi-con, selling copies of their doujin and art. That makes me happy not because of all the gratuitous nudity involved, but because it means...I have hope!^_^;;;;

It's good to see that there are artists out there selling stuff and fans buying.^_^;

Anyway, the cosplayers I saw were all so-so, except for a pair of Squalls that rocked my socks. (that saying is so funny...) The black leather was VERY nicely worn...even though one of them was played by a girl.^_^ But the Squalls were hot.

Loot wise, i didn't get very much. Being naturally stingy means that I couldn't bear to fork over the astronomical amounts of money for all the doujins by the ERF circle (gods, I thought their Laguna was adorable, but how they manage to draw Kiros so well is beyond me...), I only bought two...And also new inking pens and screentones (not from copic! About time they stopped their monopoly...). And a DVD, even though I was sorely tempted to buy more...

I doodled a pic for the occasion and slapped on the scan of the screentone of background...

Shiva sans background, with background

These links might not work once i move the files into the right folders, but for now, they shall be here...

Going to go now. head hurts...@_@

Majo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home