Sunday, August 10, 2003

Yegads...


Look at the date!o_0; I haven't posted in this thing for like, forever...Did i mention that I was going on a trip? Did I? I know I mentioned it in practically everything else...

Let's see...I went to China and Taiwan for some vacation and family visiting. In China I stayed in ShenZhen (an area near Hong Kong) and also Beijing for a tour. We went to all sorts of great places in Beijing^_^, The Forbidden City, the 13 Tombs of the Ming Emperors, The Great Wall, a lot of parks and temples, etc, etc. Beihai park was gorgeous...well, I suppose since it was a place for emperors it can't help but be gorgeous.^_^; The bathrooms were really scary though, and the hotel was so-so. Not to mention I had a weird asthma attack in Tiennanman Square (No, I don't have asthma, never have)...But I look terrible in all the pictures.^_^;

And then a few hours in Hong Kong...great city, I wish I could've stayed longer. The traffic was better for pedestrians, for one.^_^; And everything was clean and nice, and the bathrooms weren't scary. The weather was kind of hot though...

Taiwan was less exciting, more relaxing. Stayed in a lot of great hotels, also had my first experience with a motel. Went to Coral Lake because of the typhoon that went through Southern Taiwan (I was in Tainan, right at the edge of it, I'd imagine) and then back to my hometown, Kaoshung, on the last day. It was so nostalgic, I wish I had stayed longer...;_; Though of course, I got an earful of the current family problems going on and had a lot of people voice their grievances to me...but I guess that's part of being a family.

And now I'm home, cleaning...My room (which is actually my brother's room) is atrociously messy...it's not even dirty, just wayy too much stuff. I was cleaning it, so this is considered a break...

Here are some of the funnier pictures of the trip (the ones in Hong Kong are still w/ my dad and the ones in Taiwan haven't been developed yet...)

Me Trying to Imitate the Dancing Shiva Statue

Me Trying to Imitate the Thinker

The dancing Shiva thing...I think Yayoi gets it, I don't know if anyone else would. Needless to say, I took two pics (one normal and one goofy) then one more of the explanation panel...Here. And my dad was like "...Weird." Cuz I took so many pics of that one statue...*snicker*

There might be more to come, but I turned out bad in all the pics...to be expected, I guess...@_@

Gotta go finish cleaning now, ja!

Majo-the-returned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home