Saturday, December 08, 2001

Gingerbread houses

Anyone want to guess what I've been doing?

Yes, I've been engaged in the activity known as making gingerbread houses. Though they were made from anything BUT gingerbread *we used graham crackers. Are those the same things?*, it was fun nonetheless. After all, I usually enjoy artistic endevors, and when those endevors involve a copious amount of candy and frosting *yum!*, I'm almost guarenteed to have fun.

I don't think I did too badly for my first try. I've never actually MADE a gingerbread house before. I've seen them around on catalogs around this time of the year, but other than that, I have no experience actually building one of these things. It isn't hard...as far as I can tell, there are only three rules...2, if you're not going to eat the house yourself. One is to not be afraid to get messy, or to eat your mistakes. Two is to use lots of frosting, especially when trying to put walls/floors/roofs up. Three is to only use candy you'd eat, if you're going to actually eat the house later. Like I passed on the coconut sprinkles. They looked lovely, and would've made my house look very nice, except that I don't like the taste of coconut at all.

And that was my house-building experience. I'm thinking about giving the house or its parts away to the ppl on my floor, since I'm not really hungry...and I ate a lot while building the thing already.^_^.

That's my two cents on gingerbread houses. Finals week starts next wednesday. Yay...

Majo-chan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home